Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Viola in Reel Life

Viola in Reel Life
By Adriana Triagani
Published by Harper Teen (2009)

Viola in Reel Life is the work of Saint Mary's grad, Adriana Triagnai. After flipping through a few pages and reading the summary, I was sure this was set in Saint Mary's. It tells the story of Viola, who reluctantly ends up at a boarding school in South Bend, Indiana (sound familiar?) where she does not feel like she fits in at all. She is not much for the preppy style and living with roommates who actually like the school. Viola hides behind the lens of her camera, and slowly sees that there is more to the boarding school than she initially thought.

This novel is more appropriate for upper grades, as it is a piece of young adult literature. I think girls would love this book because boarding school is a different experience than many have. With only 288 pages, the book is a fairly quick read. As a Saint Mary's student, I love to support Saint Mary's alums. I will definitely look into more of her books for both myself and my classroom.

Learn more about this Saint Mary's author on her website!

Trigiani, A. (2009). Viola in reel life. New York: HarperTeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment