The Fault in Our StarsBy John Green
Published by Dutton Books (2012)
While I wouldn't have guessed I would be teaching any students who be reading The Fault in Our Stars, I was proven wrong when substitute teaching. I found out quickly that sixth grade girls were huge fans of the book. This sparked my interest, especially since many of my close friends raved about the book. I was not disappointed in this young love story.
It tells the emotional story of Hazel and Augustus. Hazel is faced with a terminal cancer diagnosis. The two meet in a support group for cancer survivors and those suffering from cancer currently. The rest is history as the two fall in love. I won't ruin the ending, but you will sure be surprised when you finish reading, and most likely in tears. The movie also had my mother and I in tears.
This is mature story that will not be appropriate for all readers, but it is a good book to connect with young female readers. John Green is a well-liked author with many books that would be great to recommend. Check out the movie trailer below!
Green, J. (2012). The fault in our stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment